High atop Pond Hill Road sits Wallingford's southernmost elementary school. It serves students living south to the North Haven town line, north to Marshall and Ward Streets, east to the North Branford town line and west to East Street.
The school currently serves students in Grade Three through Grade Five. The challenging curriculum is closely tied to State of Connecticut Curriculum Standards. Students receive daily instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, and science. Additionally weekly instruction is provided in computers, art, music, STEP, library, physical education, and health. There also is an instrumental music program for students in grades 4-5.
We envision a school where:
- every individual is valued and respected as part of a learning community.
- everyone is physically and emotionally safe.
- everyone encourages academic, social and emotional growth.
- everyone recognizes and appreciates their own strengths and those of others.
- everyone takes responsibility for modeling good character.
- students will think critically, solve problems, and make responsible choices.
- a positive environment encourages students to actively participate in their learning.
- self-motivation and curiosity lead to lifelong learning.
- all staff members exemplify the highest levels of commitment, teamwork and professional learning towards the needs of all learners.
- parents, community, and staff, collaborate to continually support and improve student achievement.
- everyone makes a commitment to recognize his or her responsibility to family, community, and the world.
The mission of Pond Hill School, a community committed to the academic, social and emotional growth of young children, is to develop capable and confident students, who respect others, value learning, think critically and creatively, in a safe, nurturing environment supported by home and community collaboration.